Santa Came Early With An Exciting New Scooter!
I know, I know… It isn’t quite Christmas morning yet, so my boys shouldn’t have already opened a present. Sometimes Santa drops off something so big, it’s tough to hide. That was the case when the boys new scooter arrived last week. I was so excited for them to try it out, I let them open it right away! Read on to hear more about their cool new ride-on. You’ll be amazed at how different it is from other scooters on the market!
Santa’s New Scooter
After watching the video for ScootyB the first time, I knew it was a great choice for my family. #thebigone is right at the edge of ‘aging off’ of it, since the scooter is designed for children ages 3-7 years old. (Honestly, regardless of age, he still thinks it’s a fun new toy!) #thelittleone, however, is 2 1/2 years going on 7. He’s always trying to do exactly what his big brother does- including riding scooters. Unfortunately, he just doesn’t have the strength or coordination #thebigone had when he was young. #thelittleone has a growth delay, so he’s smaller than his peers. It caused some gross motor delays when he was younger. In order to learn to crawl and walk, my youngest had weekly physical therapy appointments. He’s meeting all his milestones now, thankfully, but we’re conscious of helping him grow his skills and get stronger. The ScootyB is the perfect choice for him, since it helps with his balance and core strength while he rides.
Because ScootyB uses a simple pedal to ‘pump’ along, #thelittleone can move himself without a lot of effort on mom or dad’s part. With more traditional scooters, my husband or I have to stand over our youngest, holding the handlebars and pushing him along. (Seriously, guys, we’re getting old- our backs can’t take it!) ScootyB gives my little boy the independence he craves, and lets him keep up with big brother! The new pedal mechanism, unique to ScootyB, allows him to focus on balancing, rather than struggling to coordinate pushing with his legs.
What We Love About The New Scooter
- Simple assembly. I put ScootyB together myself in the kitchen one afternoon. It went together quickly, and without any strugggle.
- Grows with your child. The handlebar height can be adjusted to a few different levels. This makes ScootyB perfect for families like mine, with kids of varying heights. It also makes it the ideal choice to grow with your child, for several years of play.
- Three sturdy wheels. Many more traditional scooters have only 2 wheels. Neither of my boys are great with balance, so ScootyB‘s 3 wheel design is the perfect choice for them. The triad of wheels gives my boys extra stability. They love focusing on where they’re scooting to, rather than struggling to just stay upright.
- Solid design. ScootyB is a heavy duty ride on toy. I don’t worry about my boys breaking it, or it bending under either of their weight. Although the product is intended for kids 3-7 years old, it does have a 110 lb weight limit- that says something about how well made this new scooter is!
- That pumping mechanism! Obviously, we love the pump propulsion that ScootyB offers. It’s exactly what #thelittleone needs in a scooter!
- Available on Amazon. [Note: I currently am not an Amazon affiliate, I make no commissions from these links]. Everyone loves how quickly goodies from Amazon can arrive at your doorstep. ScootyB is no exception!
Connect With ScootyB
Even if you’re not in the market for a new scooter right now, chances are you will be in the months ahead. (Springtime is perfect for a scooter ride in most parts of the country, right?!) Make sure to check out ScootyB’s website and social media presence so you can stay up to date with their products and promotions.
How about your family? Has Santa dropped off anything a little early this year? Let me know in the comments below!